In term two we will run a School Symposium of Visual Arts and Performing Arts. Students will discuss the artwork in Tuia – Encounters 250 school programme with the artist Kauri Hawkins, watch the performance developed by Puti Lancaster and the students (Artists Project), and then create their own response to Kauri Hawkins exhibition via drama, dance, painting, collage, creative writing and etc. More information to come. Keep in touch if you want your class to be part of this unique experience.
- Curriculum strands: Visual Arts, Performing Arts, English and Social Studies
- Duration: Mid or Full day
- Suitable: Primary, Intermediate, Secondary
- Cost: Free
- Lunch and snacks will be provided
- Dates: Term two- 2019 ( final dates to be confirmed).